- Automatic mileage logging.
- One-swipe classification.
- Comprehensive reporting.
- Bank-grade data security.
- Maximum mileage savings.
THE MILEIQ – GREAT GAS GIVEAWAY 2016 SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how The MileIQ – Great Gas Giveaway 2017 sweepstakes promotion will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Sweepstakes” throughout the rest of these rules. In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Mobile Data Labs Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on January 1, 2017, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on April 17, 2016 and will consist of monthly entry periods, as well as an overall grand prize drawing on April 18. Monthly entries will be eligible for the monthly drawing in which they are received as well as the overall grand prize drawing. Each monthly entry period will begin on the first day of the month and end on the last day of the month with the exception of April, which will run from April 1 – April 17.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
• You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and are 18 years of age or older with an active MileIQ account no later than April 18, 2016.
• You are NOT an employee of Mobile Data Labs, Inc. or Microsoft Corporation; and
• You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
• You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Mobile Data Labs/Microsoft employee, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
To enter, share MileIQ with a friend using the in-app refer a friend engine. For each friend that signs up for any type of MileIQ account, you will receive one entry. If ten of your friends sign up, you will receive an additional ten bonus entries.
While there is no limit to the number of entries you can receive, each referral must be unique and different.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
● Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
● Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
After the close of each monthly entry period, we will select one (1) monthly winner to receive the following prize:
• One year’s worth of gas, awarded in the form of gasoline gift cards equivalent to $1,300 USD.
By the close of the promotion, a total of four (4) monthly winners will have been selected (one each for January – April).
In addition, on April 18, we will select one (1) grand prize winner from among all eligible entrants (including monthly winners) to receive the following prize:
• One year’s worth of car operating expenses, awarded in the form of a check equivalent to $8,600 USD*.
*This prize amount is based on AAA’s driving cost estimate for an average sedan in 2016. For more details, visit http://newsroom.aaa.com/auto/your-driving-costs/
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes combined: $13,800
We will only award five (5) prizes per person during the Entry Period. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address, the phone number, or mailing address (if any) provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following the random drawing. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstakes. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you complete a tax form, you will be issued an IRS Form 1099 the following January, for the actual value of the prize. You are advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of accepting a prize. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
• You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
• You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
• If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes related to accepting the prize; and
• If you are otherwise eligible for this Sweepstakes, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
• Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries we receive.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
● To abide by these Official Rules; and
● To release and hold harmless sponsor,and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
● That sponsors decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
● That by accepting a prize, sponsor may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, bot, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If you attempt or we have strong reason to believe that you have compromised the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, creating a bot or other automated program, or by committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may disqualify you, and ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the names of winners who received a prize online at mileiq.com/great-gas-card-giveaway. This list will remain posted one month after winner selection.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
Mobile Data Labs, Inc – a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation
1355 Market Street, Third Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103